These ten reasons were originally posted on The Resurgence. The reason why we are sharing this so publically is that we believe that it is important for people to understand what it means to join a church plant that is serious in taking the Gospel to their community and the world. It is not something that will be easy. It will not always be fun and it certainly is not for everyone. But with God’s strength and might we will impact those around us with the message of Jesus Christ. If you are serious and interested in joining something that may be hard, but will certainly be worth it as we seek to spread the fame of His name then please give us a call, come by for a visit and let us talk further.
- If you’re looking for the next cool thing in town (We want to grow by conversion growth, not church-goer transfer growth).
- If you’re a Christian and you don’t like your current church (You will find reasons to not like this church).
- If you have a bad track record at churches of being unteachable and causing problems (You won’t change here, you’ll repeat the pattern).
- If you’re a consumer wanting to “go to church” 1x a week for a nice show (We are not a Sunday show, we are a community of disciples on a mission).
- If you want religion (This church will be built on the radical gospel of grace).
- If you have an agenda (We have our vision, our mission, and our values–your private agenda does not supercede them).
- If you’re a wolf (We will sniff you out).
- If you think this will be a nice little church that stays the same size, where everybody knows your name and you have my cell number on speed dial and we have a picnic lunch together every week (By God’s grace, we want to grow).
- If you think this will be easy and smooth (This will be hard and difficult; this will be a fight, a battle, and a challenging mission).
- If you want to hold onto your comfortable life (You must lose your life).
Now that you have read the reasons NOT to join a church plant...read 10 reasons why you should join a church plant.